5 Ways to Stay Motivated in 2020
It’s new year which can only mean one thing – New Years resolutions are the talk of the town! Daniella from the Hybrid MMA & Fitness team has compiled her list of ways to make sure you stick to those health and fitness goals.
1. Clearly define what it is you want to achieve, and track it!
It’s very easy to say “In 2020, I want to lose weight,” or “I want to improve my fitness” or “I want to get stronger.” A better way to make sure you achieve your goal is to make it quantifiable and measurable.
- Instead of “I want to lose weight” change this to “I want to lose X number of kilos”
- Instead of “I want to improve my fitness” change this to “I want to be able to run 5km in 30min”
- Instead of “I want to get stronger” change this to “I want to be able to deadlift 2x my body weight”
Write down what your goal is, even if it’s just for yourself to help hold yourself accountable. Be as specific as you can to help keep you focused on this target.
2. Give yourself a realistic time frame with a start and end date
How many times have you told yourself “I’ll start tomorrow/Monday/next week” and then before you know it, months have gone by and you never even started? COMMIT to the start date and then give yourself a realistic deadline for you to get there. Sign up for a race, a competition, or a personal event like a birthday, holiday or anniversary.
3. Put together a plan with an expert. Mentor / personal trainer / nutritionist
A goal without a plan is just a dream. To keep yourself motivated, enlist the help of an expert in that field – whether it is a personal trainer, a mentor, or even a friend who’s passionate about that specific topic. It’s important to pick someone that you can trust, and be open and honest with (especially if/when you slip up or if you’re not consistent).
4. Surround yourself with people who will support your goals
If you’re surrounded by people who party all the time, guess what, you’re going to party all the time. If you are around people that enjoy hiking, are addicted to Brazilian JiuJitsu or weight training…chances are that you’re going to get into it too!
5. Break your ‘big goal’ down into ‘little goals.’
If you’re trying to lose 12kgs in 3 months, set yourself the target of losing 1kg per week. Setting yourself a short term target like this will help keep you focused. Thinking about losing 1kg per week sounds a lot less daunting than 12kgs in 3 months!
Setting a goal, planning the execution, and starting the process of achieving it should be an exciting process – not something to stress over. Have fun with it, get your friends and family involved and ENJOY THE PROCESS. You never know what amazing things you could achieve.
Ready to get healthier, and fitter than ever in 2020? Get in touch now at email@example.com
Access Token is invalid, please get it again